Chocolate Brickle is a sweet and crunchy candy snack you can make quickly at home.
Homemade Butter Brickle
Thanks to Tomoko for this candy recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 14 ounces club crackers
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Cover the foil with a layer of whole Club crackers.
- Melt butter and add sugar. Cook until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Pour the mixture over the crackers.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers while it is hot so it melts the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle nuts over the melted chocolate chips and press the nuts into the chocolate.
- Put the cookie sheet into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove the candy from the freezer and break it into pieces.