Here is a recipe that was on our CopyKat Exchange mailing list. These are tasty and very buttery rolls that are so hard to resist, you may want to try these for your next extra special dinner.
Butter Crust Flake A parts
- 2 package yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup water warm
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilks
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Combine butter, sugar, salt and buttermilk; let cool to lukewarm.
- Blend in yeast and baking soda. Gradually add 4 1/2 to 5 cup flour until soft dough is formed. Cover and rise in a warm place until double (about one hour).
- Place on floured surface and roll out to a 15-inch square. Brush with melted butter. Cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. Stack 5 high and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces. Place cut side down in greased muffin tins. Rise until light (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake 15 to 20 minutes. Makes two rolls per cup of flour.