Chicken breasts simmer in spaghetti sauce with green bells peppers. Sour cream adds the perfect touch to this dish. You will be sitting down to eat dinner in no time with this quick and easy recipe.
Thanks to t.kelly for sharing this chicken recipe.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cut chicken and green peppers into bite-size pieces. On medium heat warm up oil and add chicken and green peppers. When chicken is browned drain. In skillet place spaghetti sauce on low heat and replace chicken and green peppers. Simmer stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes.
- While the spaghetti sauce is simmering, cook egg noodles as usual with a dash of olive oil. Five minutes before noodles are done stir in sour cream in the chicken and sauce. This will turn an orange color if more is needed to add more. Color should be orange. Drain noodles and top with the chicken and sauce.