>Clinker dagger, Bickerstaff and Pett’s Public House Burnt Creme is the name of the actual restaurant.
Clinkerdagger Public House Burnt Creme
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Beat egg yolks with the sugar, and stir together until thick, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat cream into egg yolks. Stir in vanilla and pour into 6 (6 oz.) custard cups.
- Place custard cups in baking pan that has about 1/2 inch water in the bottom. Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove custard cups from water and refrigerate until chilled.
- Sprinkle each custard with 2 teaspoons granulated sugar. Place on top rack under broiler and cook until topping is medium brown. Chill before serving.