>Clinker dagger, Bickerstaff and Pett’s Public House Burnt Creme is the name of the actual restaurant.
Clinkerdagger Public House Burnt Creme
Working with eggs can be a bit tricky, but the end result is spoon-worthy.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Beat egg yolks with the sugar, and stir together until thick, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat cream into egg yolks. Stir in vanilla and pour into 6 (6 oz.) custard cups.
- Place custard cups in baking pan that has about 1/2 inch water in the bottom. Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove custard cups from water and refrigerate until chilled.
- Sprinkle each custard with 2 teaspoons granulated sugar. Place on top rack under broiler and cook until topping is medium brown. Chill before serving.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 238mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 72mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 26.6% | Vitamin C: 0.6% | Calcium: 6.7% | Iron: 1.8%