Simple, Mexican inspired chicken dish that is ready to eat when you are. After having traditional mole, I decided to come up with a recipe that I could put on in the morning and let cook all day. This is what I came up with.
Crock pot Chicken Mole
Thanks to eysterfamily for sharing her crock pot recipe.
Crockpot Chicken Mole
- 5 pound whole chicken cleaned and giblets/neck discarded
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 1 ounce Mexican chocolate Abuelita
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients except chicken into your crock pot. Mix well while heating on high. After chocolate is mostly melted add your chicken. Cover and cook the entire day, or at least 6 hours. Check taste for salt. To serve, strain sauce and retain. Pull chicken off the bone.