These Crumbled Jam Bars are a take on a Ukranian cookie you will love. This delicious bar cookie is made with jam and nuts. The dough is grated over the top of the cookies, so they look unique. You can make these delicious cookies at home.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of JM Smuckers. The opinions and text are all mine.
The first time I had tried these cookies my I was at a family member’s house. This part of my family is from Russia, and they were making some of their favorite cookies from their home. I have always wanted to make these cookies again. The cookies are a wonderful way to feature preserved fruit, and they look beautiful.
What makes these cookies unique is that the dough is divided, one part is refrigerated, and the other part is frozen before you make these cookies. For about 30 minutes. Then you will gently pat out the dough in a 9 by 13-inch pan. You will add the Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey to the dough, and sprinkle on the chopped almonds. The Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey come in multiple flavors, this time I made mine with the Strawberry flavor, but I believe the Berry flavor would also be delicious.
Crumbled Jam Bars
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 pound butter softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 ounces Jam ounce jar of Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, softened butter, egg, lemon juice, and sour cream. Mix and allow to rest for about 4 to 5 minutes before adding the dry ingredients. Add in dry ingredients. When the dough is just mixed, divide the dough into two sections. Place is the section in a sheet of plastic wrap. The dough will be wet and slightly sticky. Seal dough in plastic wrap. Place one portion in the refrigerator and one in the freezer for about 30 minutes. P
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Gently pat out the refrigerated portion of the dough into the pan. Spread the Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the nuts over the Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey. Use a large cheese grater and grate the frozen portion of the dough over the Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey and chopped almonds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top portion of the dough begins to brown.