Denny’s Bacon Maple Sundae is a unique ice cream sundae available only at Denny’s. Your first reaction may be, I am not eating ice cream with maple-flavored syrup, and crispy bacon. Before you decide this is a sundae best left for others, I would ask for you to consider, we already put sweet syrups on ice cream, and salted peanuts also go well on a sundae.
Denny’s has recently had many creative dishes lately, their Fried Cheese Melt made the news, their pancake puppies provided us with a breakfast appetizer, so thanks to the folks there, we now have a unique dessert.
Denny’s Maple Bacon Sundae
Yield: 1 serving.
Love Denny’s? Check out these Copycat Denny’s Recipes
Denny's Bacon Maple Sundae
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup maple flavored syrup
- 2 pieces of bacon cooked crisp,
- Cook the bacon very crisp. I prefer to bake bacon. Baking bacon means you have no grease splatter in your kitchen, and all pieces cook uniformly. If you have an ice cream sundae glass, place one scoop of ice cream in the bottom, add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup in the glass.
- Then top with an additional scoop of ice cream, pour over remaining syrup, and top with crispy chopped bacon. Now if you don't have a fancy sundae glass, you can just place two scoops of ice cream in a bowl, add the syrup, and top with crisp bacon.
- I do have a couple of notes about this ice cream sundae, I was really prepared not to like it. I did like it though, we have been placing sweet syrups over our ice cream forever, and salt and sweet go together. I will say that in playing around with this recipe, using a butter pecan syrup instead of maple flavored syrup makes it taste so good.