Gallagher’s is located in Ft. Worth, Texas. Gallagher’s Gingerbread is a one of their featured menu items. They are known for their moist and spicy gingerbread. This recipe is perfect for a holiday party.
Gingerbread is a great spicy cake to make any time of the year. While most of it enjoy it only during the holidays, it makes a great everyday cake. This cake is from the well-known Fort Worth Gallagher’s restaurant. They released this recipe to the public many years ago. This recipe has been a longtime favorite of CopyKat.com.
If you have never tried making homemade gingerbread, it a worthwhile dessert to make. You don’t need to serve it only at the holidays; it is sweet and spice-filled cake to be enjoyed any time of the year. It will make your house smell delightful.
I like to serve this recipe with some fresh whipped cream, or once in awhile, I serve this with some ice cream. I promise it is delicious either way.
This recipe was given to the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram many years ago. Thanks to those old newspaper sections we can have some of our favorite recipes.
- 3 ounces Butter
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 pounds brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup hot tap water
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon white rum
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Melt butter in a saucepan and carefully mix in syrup, eggs and brown sugar. Place soda in a 2-cup measure and pour hot water over it. Mix in butter-sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg; stir into batter. Pour batter into greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Top with sauce when cool. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add rum. Blend in sugar and spread over cool gingerbread.