This was one of our first CopyKat Recipes. We hope you enjoy this treat all year.
Girl Scout Mint Cookies
Girl Scout Mint Cookies can be enjoyed all year long with this copycat recipe.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box Devil Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops Wilton's Candy Mint Flavoring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, cooking oil, and cocoa. You will need to blend this together well; this will be a very sticky mess. Let stand for 20 minutes, and then shape into very small 1/2 inch balls. Place these balls on a cookie sheet 2 inches a part, and smash down flat. You will need to spray a large spoon with Pam to make them flat. Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Let cool until they reach room temperature. Heat chocolate chips in either the microwave or in a double boiler. When completely melted add a couple drops of the mint flavoring. Be careful not to add too much, it is a powerful flavoring. You can either spread the melted chocolate on the cookies, or you can dip the cookies into the chocolate.
- Or you can buy you a bag of Keebler's Grasshopper Cookies. This taste is close; you might want to experiment by adding a little more cocoa to the cookies. Oh yes, Duncan Hines is my pick on cake mixes, just like Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Chips, actually, any of the Semi-Sweet Chips will be fine 🙂
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 0.5% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 2.4% | Iron: 3.6%