So you love pasta meaty pasta meals? I know I do. I want to serve a meal that includes everyone. With Barilla Pasta® and Aidelles ® chicken sausage, I can do just that.
During the week, I am always looking for easy meals I can put together. I love to invite a few friends over for dinner during the week and a meal of Aidelles ® chicken sausage and Barilla ® is the perfect dish to serve up. I have a gluten free meal thanks to the pasta. Thanks to the sausage I have a sausage that contains no nitrites, no added hormones, and the sausage is hand-crafted with real, hand-picked ingredients made in small batches.
On my way home I can stop quickly at Target and pick up the ingredients for this meal. My Target has a full sized grocery store so I can get the Aidelles® sausage and Barilla® pasta. For this meal, I also picked up a red onion and a dash of bell pepper. So with a quick dash in and out I can go home and prepare a hearty dinner.
I love that the Aidells® Sausage cooks up in about 8 to 10 minutes. I like to slice my Aidells® Sausage in rounds. This way everyone can get bites of this delicious sausage in every bite. You can embrace your inner foodie with this simple meal.
To make this meal, it isn’t difficult at all. You will simply saute a small red onion, one bell pepper, and a couple of cloves of garlic together. First, set the pasta to boil. Remove the vegetables after you saute them and then wipe out the pan with a paper towel and cook up the sausage in rounds. I grab a big bowl and pour the cooked pasta in there along with the vegetables and the cooked sausage. I make a quick creamy pesto sauce and drizzle it all over the pasta, and dinner is ready.
Looking for more great light recipes? Be sure to try some of these.
Gluten Free Chicken Sausage Pesto Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 bell pepper sliced into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten FREE Penne Pasta
- 16 ounces Aidelles® chicken sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- Using a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat add olive oil and sliced red onions and bell peppers. Saute and for a couple of minutes, then add a couple of cloves of garlic to the pan. When the onions and peppers have softened, remove from skillet and place on a plate. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Saute the sausage round for about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn sausage over halfway through. The sausage should be lightly browned. While the sausage is cooking combine the prepared pesto and heavy cream in a small pot over low heat. Stir until the pesto and the heavy cream are combined. In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, the cooked vegetables, and the browned sausage rounds. Drizzle the heated pesto sauce and stir until the pasta is completely coated.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.