Tomato soup doesn’t need to come from a can. You can make your own homemade soup that is delicious, easy to make, and it is gluten free. Enjoy this soup that can be made in about 30 minutes.
There was a time when soups didn’t come out of cans and jars, people made homemade soup. I can’t begin to tell you how much nicer a homemade soup is when compared to the prepackaged variety.
If you want soup with less salt, less preservatives, and that is made with fresh ingredients, this is the way to go. I think that there is a misconception that soup is difficult to make, or that it takes a long time. You can prepare this soup in just about 30 minutes.
This is a great way to use up fresh tomatoes. You can use any tomatoes that you have on hand.
The main spice in there is Italian Blend, this is a blend of seasonings that is sold in most grocery stores. Italian Blend is a mixture of oregano, basil, parsley, and sometimes there is a little rosemary in there as well. This gives your soup a nice savory flavor that really brings out the flavor of tomatoes.
Gluten Free Fresh Tomato Soup
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian Blend seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place roughly chopped tomatoes and sliced onions into a medium-sized pot.
- Add chicken stock and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for approximately 25 minutes.
- Taste soup and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.