This dish combines shrimp, spinach, lemon juice, and mushrooms in a cream sauce served over pasta.
Macaroni Grill Gemberetti Noci E De Pino
- 24 Shrimp -- peeled and deveined
- 3 cups mushroom washed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts roasted
- 6 ounces spinach
- 6 cups vermicelli pasta cooked
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic can add 2 more tablespoons
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 tablespoon shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white ine dry
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon White pepper
- 1 pound butter cut into tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash spinach and remove stems before drying leaves between paper towels. Set aside.
- Spread pine nuts over bottom of sheet pan and place pan in the oven on top rack. Roast until golden brown, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Set aside. Wash and slice fresh mushrooms. Set aside. Boil pasta in large pot of water to al dente stage according to directions on package. Set Aside.
- Prepare lemon butter sauce: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute shallots and garlic until translucent. Add white wine and reduce slightly more than 1/2, whisking occasionally. Add cream and reduce by 1/2. Add lemon juice and reduce by 1/2. Add white pepper. Reduce heat to low. Add remaining butter 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking continuously after each addition to completely incorporate the butter. Continue to simmer, whisking until sauce just coats spoon.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat melt the 4 tablespoons of butter. Add garlic and saute until garlic is translucent. Stir in mushrooms, shrimp, and pine nuts. Saute several minutes or until shrimp are done and show color. Remove skillet from heat and gently stir in spinach. Place warm pasta on plate with shrimp mixture to the side. Pour lemon sauce over pasta, permitting a bit of sauce onto shrimp.