Lots of fresh vegetables make for a light and filling chicken dish. With our version of this recipe, you can walk through a farmers market, or even your supermarket, and pick up green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic. With a few ingredients out of your pantry, you can make a robust dish that will please all of your guests. Be sure to serve this up with some fresh pasta and some crusty bread, and you will be leaving a clean plate with our version of Olive Garden Sam Remo.
You can find more Olive Garden Recipes at CopyKat.com, the web’s most popular destination for copycat restaurant recipes.
Olive Garden Sam Remo
- 1 1/2 pounds green bell pepper Cut into strips
- 8 ounces yellow onion cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 pound mushrooms halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 32 ounces canned tomatoes w/juice, into cut 1/2" pieces
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoons marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour for dredging
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- olive oil as needed
- 1 pound fresh spaghetti
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions, and mushrooms and saute, stirring constantly for 15 to 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, herbs, wine, and bouillon. Lower heat and let simmer while preparing chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Dredge chicken in flour and saute until golden. Do not crowd skillet; add more olive oil as necessary.
- As pieces are browned, add to tomato-pepper sauce. When all pieces have been added, cover and simmer 10 minutes to finish cooking chicken. Serve sauce over pasta.