Don’t you just love those Payday candy bars? You can enjoy a cake that tastes just like one. Thanks to Kerry Harrison for this one.
Payday Bar Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- Mix cake mix, butter and egg in bowl. Press in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the marshmallows begin to puff.
- In saucepan, heat corn syrup, 1/4 cup butter, vanilla, and chips until melted. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies and peanuts.
- Spoon over marshmallows, spread to cover. Chill and cut bars.