A popular pie is Key Lime Pie, this is a lime pie with a much more of a kick. Tequila and Triple Sec make this a much more of an adult pie. Source Houston Chronicle.
Pinche’s Margarita Pie
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 egg whites beaten stiff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks 2 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk. Combine tequila, Triple Sec, and lime juice in saute pan and simmer 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes. Carefully fold egg whites into yolk mixture, do not beat. Add tequila mixture. Pour into prepared crust, and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 2 hours.