Rosemary and Garlic Crispy Potatoes is a dish that uses fresh garlic, and a touch of fresh rosemary. For this dish I used white potatoes, boiled them for a few minutes before cooking them olive oil with fresh garlic and rosemary. These were so easy to make and so delicious.
Growing up fried potatoes was one dish I never quite mastered. I was always envious of my Dad. He always made the best hash browns. I wished I had a touch of his magic when it came to making potatoes crispy and crunchy on the outside. I can remember Sunday’s being the day when he would cook up some hash browns, and I always thought they were magical. He would simply take some frozen hash browns out of a bag and turn them into something I have always longed for.
These potatoes have a nice garlic and rosemary flavor. Here the potatoes are par boiled meaning they are boiled partially. This really helps the potatoes cook while letting you work on the browning without having to worry if the potatoes are done or not. After par boiling the potatoes they are put down in a hot pan with olive oil, they are cooked for about 5 to 7 minutes on one side, flipped over, and then you add a couple of cloves of crushed garlic and some rosemary if you have it on hand. Cook these until they are nice and browned.
Rosemary and Garlic Crispy Potatoes
- 1 pound white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sliced fresh rosemary
- Wash potatoes and cut them into 3/8 inch rounds. Place potatoes in a pot and cover potatoes with water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to potatoes.
- Cook potatoes on medium to medium-high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes potatoes are done when you can barely pierce the fork through.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and allow them to steam in the colander for a couple of moments. Place a large skillet on medium-high heat and drizzle a couple of tablespoons of olive oil place the potato rounds onto the hot skillet.
- Cook potatoes for about 5 to 7 minutes or until desired level of brown. Flip potatoes over reduce heat lightly and add garlic and rosemary. Cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Season with salt and pepper before serving.