This is a great take on fresh spinach and mexican food.
Enjoy this fresh spinach quesadilla and spinach salad.
Santa Fe Spinach Quesadillas and Spinach Salad
- 1 pound Chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Margarine
- 1/2 cup diced White Onions
- 1 (4 ounces) can drained Mushrooms
- 2 cups Cold Sour Cream Sauce (see below)
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
Sour Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Chicken base
- 1/2 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Finely chopped Cilantro
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sour Cream
Spinach Salad Dressing
- 2 cups Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dried basil
- 1 cup Salsa
- Combine above and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 2 Sliced tomatoes
- 2 Sliced red onion rings
- 2 ounces Sliced mushrooms
- 3 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- Directions for Sour Cream Sauce: Place oil and flour in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add all spices and water. Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Salad Dressing Directions: Combine all ingredients for salad dressing and let sit for 30 minutes.Place in a bowl, toss and serve.
- Quesadillas Directions: Place the margarine in a saute pan. Add onions and mushrooms. Saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the spinach and mix. Add the sour cream sauce and mix well. Spread on one tortilla and then top with another. Grill both sides and serve.