My Smokey Italian Salad Bowl has recently become a favorite in my house; this salad bowl is a hearty salad bowl that is packed full of protein.
With the beginning of the year, I have tried to work on losing weight. I try to count calories, and I try to make sure I get enough protein. I find if I eat enough protein I am less likely to have cravings. Making a large bowl of salad packed full of grilled chicken I find that this is an excellent way to address my hunger issues with watching the calories.
This hearty salad is quick and easy to prepare. I love stopping in my local WalMart Marketplace. I can run in and pick up the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and pick up a bottle of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing along with some other add-ins on the salad, and I have a hearty one-bowl salad that is high in protein and filling. For inspiration check out Wish-Bone® and Tyson’s® list of one-bowl recipes, check out the list. Wishbone Salad dressing is full-flavored salad dressing, packed full of herbs, seasonings, and flavors for an extra strong boost of flavor. It is also made of no high fructose corn syrup
What makes my recipe is particular is one secret ingredient. Liquid smoke, it adds a touch of flavor. It can quickly transform a salad dressing into something amazing. To make a hearty salad I have added some fresh tomatoes, almond slivers, crunchy noodles, and some red onions. You can quickly put this salad together. One thing is for certain you can put together a tasty salad that is filled with protein quickly, and you can do so on a moment’s notice.
Smokey Italian Salad Bowl
- 16 ounces mesclun salad mix
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup La Choy Rice Noodles
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 ounces Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken
- 1/2 cup Wishbone Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a large bowl add lettuce and toss in the cilantro. Top salad with almonds, rice noodles, red onion, and ounces Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken. In a small bowl combine salad dressing and liquid smoke. Drizzle over the desired amount of salad dressing over the salad.