Starbucks Cafe Mocha is one of the first drinks Starbucks began to sell years ago. You can recreate this famous coffee drink at home with this easy copycat coffee recipe.
The Starbucks cafe mocha is one of Starbucks original drink recipes. When the franchise opened in the 70s it was one of the most popular drinks that they offered. The combination of chocolate and coffee is something that customers have loved for decades now. It is still a common order at the chain but has been overshadowed by some of the newer variations. You can recreate this old-style coffeehouse favorite at home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A cafe mocha is a drink for anyone who loves coffee and chocolate together. It starts with chocolate syrup, a shot (or two!) of espresso, steamed milk, and topped with sweetened whipped cream. All of which can be made in the convenience of your own home.
You only need a few basic ingredients, some of which you may already have on hand. The best part of making it at home is that you can add extra chocolate (or whipped cream!) to your drink.
If you want to make the coffee treat more authentic and you don’t have an espresso maker, consider using an instant espresso such as Medaglia D’Oro Instant Espresso Coffee, 2 Oz, you can buy the same brand of mocha syrup Starbucks uses. The Fontana line is what Starbucks uses, but it only comes in a really large container, Fontana(TM) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mocha Sauce, 63 fl oz.
One thing is for certain, you can recreate this coffee treat at home for a lot less than what costs at the store.
Love Starbucks? Check out these copycat recipes
- Coconut Milk Iced Mocha Macchiato
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino
- White Chocolate Starbucks Drink
- Refresher from Starbucks – Hibiscus
Homemade Coffee Syrup and Creamer
More Popular Drink Recipes
- Ocean Water Sonic
- How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
- McDonald Smoothie
- Chick Fil A Coffee Drinks – Frosted Coffee
- Make an Orange Julius
Starbucks Cafe Mocha
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces espresso or strong coffee
- 1 cup milk steamed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coffee Layer the drink starting with the chocolate syrup then espresso and finally the steamed milk. Top with whipped cream (recipe below) and additional chocolate syrup. Whipped cream In a chilled bowl, beat the whipping cream for about 5 minutes, or until soft peaks start to form. Add in the sugar and vanilla extract and mix for an additional minute. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.