Sweet Tomatoes salad bar, makes all kinds of terrific recipes for salad, soups, and so much more. Sweet Tomatoes changes out their recipes on a monthly and sometimes bi-monthly basis, so if you like something, you have to go back quickly because that salad, soup, or bread may soon be gone. Here is one of the dishes they featured in July, I found this particular dish to be unique because you don’t expect the richness of the blue cheese and the red potatoes taste simply divine. Think of this as potato salad for adults.
Love potato salad? Check out these potato salad recipes
Sweet Tomatoes Red White and Blue Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes I like to use potatoes that are smaller than a golf ball
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Wash potatoes, and cut them in half, you want to cut them into bite-sized pieces, place into a pot, add enough water to cover the potatoes and places over medium-high heat to boil. When the potatoes have cooked fully, you can pierce them with a fork, and the fork goes through the potato.
- Place potatoes in the refrigerator to cool. Once the potatoes have cooled combine them the chopped white onions, crumbled blue cheese, and mayonnaise, stir well. Season to taste. Some additions that I would suggest to make to this recipe would be to add a little crisped cooked bacon. If you had some fresh herbs those would be fantastic to sprinkle in. Do you have any special or unusual add-in's that you like to add into your potato salad? Yield: 8 to 10 servings