Tangy Sweet Chipotle Meatballs are my answer to what you need to bring when watching a game or perhaps an afternoon of NASCAR. These meatballs are sweet, have some tangy flavor of cranberry jelly, and just the right amount of heat from chipotle peppers.
These meatballs are my personal take on the well-known meatballs with cranberry sauce and chili sauce. I have always loved those meatballs, but I also love a bit of heat in the mix. So to these meatballs, I added chipotle in two ways. If you have never had chipotle you are missing out. Chipotle is made from smoked jalapenos. These have just the right amount of heat and smoke. Once you try chipotle, you won’t want to do without this wonderful spice. More and more you can find this seasoning available in most grocery stores. I like to use this seasoning in chili, taco meat, and so much more. I bet you too will soon be a fan of chipotle if you give it a try.
For this recipe, we cook our meatballs fully before adding them to the crockpot. If you don’t have a crockpot you can warm them in the sauce in a pot and serve them while they are warm. I would imagine if you have any left over they would taste great in a tortilla for a quick and easy sandwich.
I have to say these were so good that they were gone almost immediately. While I typically like what I cook, I have to say these were quickly gone, and I will be making these again very soon. I think these meatballs are not only easy to make, but they would be perfect for your next party, or tailgate.
Love meatballs? Check out these other great meatball recipes
Tangy Sweet Chipotle Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 can jelled cranberry sauce
- 8 ounces chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Brand Chipotle sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together in a medium-sized bowl ground meat, eggs, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, chipotle powder.
- Place cranberry sauce, chili sauce, and Tabasco chipotle sauce into a crock pot. Turn the crock pot to low heat. Stir to combine. Add cooked meat balls and cook until they are warmed through.