One of my childhood memories are going my Grandmother cleaning me up, and sending me with my Grandfather to go fishing. I never came home clean, and surprisingly I wouldn’t scare all of the fish away playing in the lake. This is one of my grandmother Eynard’s fish recipes.
Tator Crisp Fried Fish
- 2 pounds fish filets perch is recommended
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse fish fillets under cold water; pat dry. In shallow dish, beat eggs. In another dish shallow dish combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, and oregano flakes. Dip fish fillets in egg, coat fish with potato flake mixture. In a large skillet heat oil over medium for 1 to 2 minutes. Fry fish in skillet until crust is golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Season to taste.