If you aren’t from the south, you may wonder what in the world is barbeque shrimp, well it isn’t shrimp cooked with barbeque sauce, but instead it is shrimp cooked with butter and spicy seasonings. Once you try barbeque shrimp you will add this cooking method to your library. Texana Grill makes their barbeque shrimp extra special by preparing these on skewers and adding bacon, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms. This takes barbeque shrimp to a whole different level.
Texana Grill Barbeque Shrimp
Yield: 8 servings.
Texana Grill Barbecue Shrimp
- 2 pounds Large shrimp(16-20 per lb.)
- 16 Slices smoked bacon cut in half
- 24 Cherry tomatoes
- 24 Medium mushrooms
- 1 Medium onion, cut into 1" squares
- 1 Large green bell pepper, cut into 1" squares
- 1 Large red bell pepper, cut into 1" squares
- 1 cup Barbecue sauce
- 8 16" metal skewers
- Preheat oven to 400. Wrap each shrimp with + slice of bacon and skewer alternating with vegetables. Place on a sheet pan and roast 5 - 7 minutes. Baste with sauce and roast another 5 - 7 minutes.