During the holidays, you may be looking for an easy meal to prepare. This pasta dish is simple to prepare, and you can use what you have on hand. We are using turkey Italian sausage and some fresh vegetables you may have in your refrigerator.
If you happen to have some leftover chicken on hand, that will also work very well in this dish. Honestly, I think this would work well with pork Italian sausage too!
Love Pasta? Check out these other pasta recipes
Turkey Delight Pasta
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 pound Italian style turkey sausage
- 1 ounce bacon
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 26.1 ounces Swanson Cream StarterTM Traditional or Swanson Cream Starter 25% Reduced Fat
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook turkey sausage in the oven until it has cooked through, this will take about 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet over medium heat add two tablespoons of olive oil. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces and slice sausage and add to the pan and brown the sausage to give it a little color. When the sausage has browned slightly, you can deglaze the pan with a couple tablespoons of vodka to deglaze the pan.
- Pour in Cream Starter and mix into the vegetable and sausage mixture. Sprinkle cheese over the sauce and stir until the cheese has melted. Pour in frozen peas and heat through. Adjust seasoning and salt if desired.