Are you looking for how to make guacamole? Guacamole typically has avocados, red onions, tomatoes, and peppers, and sometimes they put in a squeeze of lime juice. This guacamole has another ingredient that you will love.
Who doesn’t love Guacamole? Did you know in some South American countries, the word Guacamole and avocado use the same word? It is believed that guacamole has been around for as long as 500 years. Many Mexican restaurants make this famous avocado dip fresh at your tableside; of course, it costs a lot more when they prepare this dip right in front of you.
You may wonder how you can make the best avocado guacamole yourself. The real key is picking fresh ingredients. You will want to select the freshest ripe tomatoes you can find. You will also want to use red onions, fresh cilantro, salt, lime juice, and fresh chilies. I like to use serrano peppers for this guacamole recipe, but jalapeno peppers work well too. If you don’t like your guacamole too spicy, you will want to deseed the peppers when you chop them up.
Of course, one of the star ingredients in this recipe is avocado. You will want to pick the ripe avocado. Finding a ripe avocado isn’t difficult, but you want to make sure it is ripe but not overly ripe, as either way, the flavor isn’t at its best. You can find perfectly ripe avocados by giving them a gentle squeeze; they should give a little, but not too much. If they give too much, they are over-ripe. You can always taste them before using them. If they taste good, they should be good to use.
What makes this guacamole recipe special is the addition of sriracha. You may wonder what sriracha sauce is made out of, it is made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. The kick of the peppers combined with garlic and more make a hot sauce irresistible. This sauce tastes terrific on eggs, in pho, and about anything imaginable. So if you are wondering is this the perfect add-in for guacamole, Sriracha is the perfect addition to your homemade avocado dip. I know that soon you will think that Sriracha guacamole is the best type of guacamole.
Five tips for making flavorful guacamole:
- Use ripe avocados: Ripe avocados are soft and easy to mash, and they have a rich, creamy flavor that is essential to the taste of guacamole.
- Add acidic ingredients: Citrus juice, such as lemon or lime juice, can help to brighten and balance the flavor of the avocado. You can also add diced tomatoes or onions, which provide a burst of freshness and a hint of sweetness. I have found that King Arthur Baking company sells powdered lemon juice, and I keep this on hand for when I want to make guacamole.
- Experiment with herbs and spices: Fresh herbs, such as cilantro and parsley, can add a fresh, fragrant flavor to the guacamole. You can also add dried spices, such as cumin, chili powder, or paprika, to give the guacamole a little kick.
- Don’t skimp on the salt: A little bit of salt can help to bring out the flavors of all the ingredients in the guacamole, so be sure to add a pinch or two to taste.
- Mix in some texture: Adding a little texture to the guacamole can help to make it more interesting. You can do this by mixing in some diced onions, tomatoes, or bell peppers, or by topping the guacamole with some crumbled tortilla chips or toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
By following these tips, you should be able to create delicious, flavorful guacamole that everyone will enjoy!
Can’t enough Guacamole Recipes? Try these
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Place avocados, lime juice, salt, onion, chopped cilantro, chopped serrano pepper, and Sriracha in a medium-sized bowl.
- Gently stir until just blended.
- Add the tomatoes and stir to combine.
- To serve, place guacamole in a bowl and drizzle Sriracha on top if desired.