Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Gallagher’s Cheddar Cheese Soup
Make Gallagher’s Cheddar Cheese Soup at home.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 ounces Pasteurized process cheese spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Prepared mustard
Place water in soup pot over high heat. Add carrots, celery and green onions; bring to boil for 5 minutes; set aside, but do not drain.
Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat and add onion; saute 1 minute, then add flour, blending well.
In a large saucepan, bring milk and broth to boil. Whisk broth mixture into flour mixture with a wire whisk.
Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in mustard and the cooked vegetables, including the water in which they were cooked. Bring to a boil and serve immediately.
What to serve with this soup:
- I would really recommend serving this soup with a glass of white wine. A refreshing riesling would be perfect.
- Fresh hot bread like my light and airy popovers would also be perfect.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1488mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1960IU | Vitamin C: 12.7mg | Calcium: 358mg | Iron: 0.8mg