Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Copycat Recipe
You can make the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup at home, it's just as good when you make it at home.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 1 cup spinach leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked, and diced
- 16 ounces package ready-to-use gnocchi
Melt the butter into the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion becomes translucent.
Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the half-and-half. Simmer until thickened.
Whisk in the chicken broth. Simmer until thickened again. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, the thyme, parsley, nutmeg (if using), carrots, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi.
Simmer until the soup is heated through. Before serving, season with additional salt, if necessary.
- You can use leftover roitisserie chicken for extra flavor
- You may want to use less thyme than suggested
- Some gnocchi is very large, you can cut these pieces in half
- You may want to add additional salt to the final soup, this soup does not have a lot of salt in it, especially if you use low-sodium chicken broth
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 695mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3645IU | Vitamin C: 11.9mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 2.8mg