Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup is one of the most popular Olive Garden soup recipes. It is a rich soup that can be made into a meal. This warm bowl of goodness features roasted chicken, potato gnocchi, carrots, celery, and spinach. Soup warms the soul, and this is no exception. Enjoy this favorite soup, it’s the perfect weeknight meal. When you put out these bowls, they are going to come back empty.
The Chicken and Gnocchi soup is going to taste like you spent hours at the stove making your family a delightful chicken and potato gnocchi soup. You can find the gnocchi in a couple of different places in your supermarket; my local stores sell shelf-stable potato gnocchi in the pasta isles. In higher-end grocery stores, I have seen this sold in the fresh sections where you would pick up a prepared meal, I have even found it available in the frozen section of the grocery store as well. Either type of gnocchi will work well. Your family will really love this. Have a hard time finding gnocchi? Make your own homemade potato gnocchi.
Everyone Loves Chicken and Gnocchi soup
Hands down this has been one of my most popular recipes at CopyKat.com. You can read through the comments and you can see how many people just love this soup. It is easy to make and it tastes great. Actually, all of my Olive Garden Recipes are pretty popular.
Most people seem to just love the Olive Garden menu items. A lot of people ask me if you can freeze this soup? Yes, you can. So go ahead and make up a batch of this soup, and store the extra in your freezer. You will soon fall in love with this delicious soup. Don’t forget to make some salad and breadsticks to go with this classic dish from the Olive Garden.
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi
It is very simple to make the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup, you will find that all of the ingredients are very common in your average grocery store. This recipe begins sauteing the vegetables in butter, and then you add some flour and cook that through. You will then add in the half-and-half and chicken broth. Cooked chicken and gnocchi gets added to your seasoned broth and vegetables. You can then adjust your seasoning and you will be ready to serve this soup in about an hour.
Can you freeze the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Yes, you can freeze this soup. The soup stays well in the freezer for a couple of months when stored in an air-tight container.
Can you use a crockpot for this recipe?
Yes, you can. I personally like to saute the vegetables first before I prepare the soup. You don’t need to do that if you like. Simply place all of the vegetables with the exception of the kale, chicken, seasonings, and stock into the crockpot.
Cook on low for 4 hours. Shred the chicken, add in the remaining ingredients and cook for another hour. If the soup is too thin for you, make a cornstarch slurry 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the soup, and turn the crockpot on high and stir until the soup has thickened.
More Favorite Copy Kat Recipes!
- Moscato Sangria
- Panera Salads
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- How To Prepare Brussel Sprouts
- Easy Broccoli Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- Sauce For Coconut Shrimp
- Mizithra Pasta
- Cheese Curd
- Kale Brussel Sprout Salad
- Pumpkin Pancakes IHOP
- Chicken Hunan Style
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Copycat Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 1 cup spinach leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked, and diced
- 16 ounces package ready-to-use gnocchi
- Melt the butter into the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion becomes translucent.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the half-and-half. Simmer until thickened.
- Whisk in the chicken broth. Simmer until thickened again. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, the thyme, parsley, nutmeg (if using), carrots, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi.
- Simmer until the soup is heated through. Before serving, season with additional salt, if necessary.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- You can use leftover roitisserie chicken for extra flavor
- You may want to use less thyme than suggested
- Some gnocchi is very large, you can cut these pieces in half
- You may want to add additional salt to the final soup, this soup does not have a lot of salt in it, especially if you use low-sodium chicken broth