Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Don't Buy, Make Homemade Tartar Sauce
You can make great tasting tartar sauce at home, don't buy tartar sauce in the jar.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, dill pickle relish, white chopped onion, capers, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Store in an airtight container for a few hours before serving.
- You can toss fresh herbs in homemade tartar sauce like parsley, chervil, chives, and some green onion tops.
- Add a dash of Tabasco for extra flavor
- Homemade tartar sauce says fresh for 4 to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.1mg