Thanks to Nancy Berry for this wonderful submission! If you like cookie recipes don’t forget to check out Fields Best Cookie Book Ever!: 130 Delicious Cookie
Double Tree Chocolate Chip Cookies
Double Tree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal uncooked
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips -- Ghirardelli
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the butter in a large bowl and cream lightly with an electric mixer. Add the sugars and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix well. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to the creamed butter mixture and stir well to blend. Add chocolate chips and walnuts and stir to combine. Using a 1/4 cup measure or a 2-oz ice cream scoop, drop the batter on the parchment-lined pans, leaving 2 -3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from parchment and cool on wire racks. Yield: approximately 4 dozen