Are you looking for a meatless spaghetti pie? This spaghetti casserole would be perfect for meatless Mondays.
Sometimes you need a recipe that is good for vegetarians but you don’t want to sacrifice any flavor! This casserole is so easy to make and is light and full of cheese.
Packed full of wholesome ingredients
This recipe is packed off of easy to find ingredients! You won’t need to shop in exotic grocery stores to find these ingredients. You will need:
- Spaghetti sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- First, you will need to cook a box of pasta, after that is cooked, you will let it cook slightly, and you will mix in the eggs, and some of the cheese.
Then place the pasta in a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
You will then top the spaghetti with sauce, then the cottage cheese, and some of the Parmesan cheese. Cover the dish, and bake.
About 10 minutes before the casserole is done you will top it with mozzarella cheese, and let the cheese melt. If you want to brown the cheese be sure to turn the oven onto broil for a few minutes.
I hope you enjoy this meatless spaghetti pie as much as my family does. This hearty casserole reheats so well, and is perfect for any night of the week.
Love Italian food? Try these Italian-inspired recipes.
Spaghetti PieLove Lasagna? You are going to love how easy it is to make Spaghetti pie.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to CollectionsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutesServings: 12Calories: 411kcal
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 44 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Put cooked spaghetti (not rinsed) in large bowl with: butter, parmesan and eggs After you mix this well, put into a buttered 10 x 14 pan or put into two pie pans and freeze one if you want smaller portions. Pour spaghetti sauce on top, spread on cottage cheese. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for thirty minutes. Put on mozzarella cheese and make ten more minutes.
NutritionCalories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1078mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1080IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 299mg | Iron: 2mg