Do you love one-pot meals? I have one for you! It’s this Instant Pot Italian Sausage Pasta.
Quick and Easy Italian Sausage Pasta
An electronic pressure cooker is a great way to put a hearty meal on the table in no time. Sometimes we are all hard-pressed thanks to work to put together a quick meal.
Your Instant Pot is a great way to speed up dinner. This Instant Pot Italian Sausage and Sauce recipe is a great way to quickly put together a large inexpensive meal on the table quickly. And you may not realize it, but you can cook pasta in an Instant Pot.
Here’s what you need:
- Olive oil
- Italian sausage links
- Pasta sauce
This recipe calls for 1 pound of Italian sausage. It is cooked along with the pasta and the sauce so it makes for a great one-pot meal. When Italian sausage cooks in pasta sauce it adds so much flavor.
You can use an inexpensive sauce because the Italian sausage will do the work of flavoring the sauce.
We add water to the sauce so the pasta has enough water to cook properly. I personally like to use Barilla pasta, but I have also used the Fido Vermicelli brand noodles for this recipe as well. I have had great luck with both types of pasta. You may want to experiment with your favorite type of pasta.
How to Make Italian Sausage Pasta in an Instant Pot
- In an Instant Pot, sauté sausage links in olive oil until half-way done. Remove the sausage and slice it into links. Use a paper towel to wipe out excess oil from the Instant Pot.
- Place the sausage slices and pasta sauce in the Instant Pot. Rinse the jars of pasta sauce with water and pour the water into the Instant Pot.
- Add pasta and cook on manual high for 8 minutes. Perform a quick release.
- Serve immediately.
Instant Pot Pasta Trouble Shooting
- If when you are performing a quick release on the Instant Pot, and it sprays out a milky liquid, stop the quick release and let the pot reduce pressure naturally.
- Make sure you use 2 cups of liquid for every 4 ounces of pasta.
- You may want to add oil to decrease foaming.
- Quick release carefully if you have any foaming. Stop the quick release, and allow the Instant Pot to come down to pressure normally.
Great Instant Pot Recipes
Popular Italian Food
- Italian Sausage
- Homemade Lasanga
- Meat Sauce Recipe
- How to Make Pizza Dough
- Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce
- Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli
- Pasta with Capers and Artichokes
- Manicotti with Meat Sauce
- Italian Skillet Casserole
- Gnocchi and Sausage Bake Recipe
Instant Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 48 ounces pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound pasta
- Heat your Instant Pot on sauté. When the pot is warmed, add olive oil.
- Add the sausage and sauté until it is about 50% done. Remove sausage, slice it into links. Wipe out excess oil from the Instant Pot with a paper towel.
- Place the sausage slices in the Instant Pot.
- Add pasta sauce. Rinse the jars of pasta sauce with water and pour the water into the Instant Pot.
- Add pasta. If using spaghetti, break the pasta in half.
- Cook on manual high for 8 minutes. Perform a quick release.
- Serve immediately.