Are you ever looking for an easy but filling dinner to make? Why not try this creamy Alfredo Sausage and Potato Gnocchi Bake?
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Low Fat Scalloped Potatoes one-pan meal, but for me, a one-pan meal should be hearty and filling. This Alfredo sausage and gnocchi bake is easy to prepare, and it disappears quickly when served.
If you want you can make homemade gnocchi, it is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. You can also buy gnocchi at the grocery store. You can typically find gnocchi at the grocery store in two different places.
One would be where they sell fresh pasta, and the second place is where they sell pasta. They have a shelf-stable variety that is quite good. My favorite online retailer also sells gnocchi online, De Cecco Potato Gnocchi, 17.5 Ounce (Pack of 4).
This recipe combines a classic Alfredo sauce and cooked Italian sausage.
My local grocery store often has Italian sausage on sale. Costco also sells a flavorful Italian sausage. I often buy a couple of packages of Italian sausage and cook it up all at once. I then put some in Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup, some in spaghetti sauce, and then others I reserve for other recipes such as this one.
I recommend eating this dish in one sitting. The gnocchi will absorb the Alfredo sauce so the next day the gnocchi is rather thick. It is still delicious, but I prefer this casserole on the first day.
You may like to serve this topped with a little cheese and popped under your oven broiler for a moment or two to make the top of this casserole nice and brown.
Love Side Dishes? check out these great recipes
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Easy Oven Baked Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Garlic Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Buttery Peas and Carrots
Alfredo Sausage and Potato Gnocchi Bake
- 14 ounces gnocchi
- 1/4 pound butter
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese fated
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pound Italian sausage cooked, and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- Cook Italian sausage fully and slice into quarter inch rounds.
- Cook gnocchi is a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook according to package directions, fresh gnocchi takes only a moment to cook. Remove cooked gnocchi from boiling water and strain. Do not rinse.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet add butter place skillet over medium heat. When the butter has melted and just begins to bubble add heavy cream, stir until the cream has blended and is warm. When the cream is warm add cheese and nutmeg. Turn up the heat just a little more. Stir until the sauce thickens. Place gnocchi in a 13 by 9-inch pan. Add sliced sausage to pan.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over gnocchi and sausage. Place pan in the hot oven. Heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. If desired, you can brown the top by turning the often onto broil. It may take just a moment or two for the top to turn brown. Serve immediately. Please note, this recipe is best eaten in one sitting.