No matter what time of year, it is always the right time for a cup of Dunkin Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Goodness!
Homemade Hot Chocolate
The one thing that I love about homemade hot chocolate is that it is so versatile. You can create hundreds of unique recipes with just a few simple ingredients. All you need to do is take the basic recipe (found below) and add in your own syrups, chocolates, or even fruit.
This Dunkin Donuts salted caramel version is a basic hot chocolate made extra delicious with a splash of salted caramel syrup.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dunkin Donuts Beverages
Dunkin Donuts is known for its coffee drinks but carries a variety of yummy beverages. Patrons can pick from iced coffees, iced teas, chai drinks, frozen (or blended) drinks, and many more.
Their hot chocolates fall under their hot beverage category with drinks such as a vanilla chai, hot macchiato, hot tea, and salted caramel hot chocolate.
Here is what you need to make salted caramel hot chocolate:
- Cocoa powder
- Salted caramel syrup
- Caramel syrup
- Whipped Cream
If you can’t find salted caramel syrup you can buy some from Amazon. Check out this wonderful Torani Syrup, Salted Caramel, 25.4 Ounce.
The great part about this salted caramel hot chocolate is that you can make it on the stovetop or in the microwave. You make a simple chocolate base with cocoa, sugar, and water. Add milk, simmer, then pour in a mug with salted caramel syrup. Top with whipped cream and caramel syrup.
Love Dunkin Donuts? check out these copycat recipes
- Dunkin Donut Iced Coffee
- Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolatta
- Dunkin Donuts Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Dunkin Pumpkin Muffin
Recipes for Caramel Lovers
- Hot Caramel Macchiato
- Homemade Caramel Frappe
- Caramel Syrup
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding Recipe
- Caramel Apple Martini Recipe
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Crunch Popcorn
- Easy Caramel Popcorn with Corn Syrup
- How to Make Caramels at Home
Dunkin Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salted caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- To make it on the stovetop: In a small saucepan combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and water together. Bring to a boil and make sure to press out any lumps. Allow to simmer for a minute or two, or until the mixture is smooth and warm. Add in the milk to the mixture and heat through. Add the salted caramel syrup to a glass, pour in the hot chocolate and top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and salt. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
- If you want to make it in the microwave you: Mix together the cocoa powder and sugar in a glass. Warm the milk and water in the microwave for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Pour the milk mixture over the cocoa powder. Add the salted caramel syrup to the glass top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and salt. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!