No matter what time of year, it is always the right time for a cup of Dunkin Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Goodness!
The one thing that I love about homemade hot chocolate is that it is so versatile! You can create hundreds of unique recipes with just a few simple ingredients. All you need to do is take the basic recipe (found below) and add in your own syrups, chocolates or even fruit. This Dunkin Donuts salted caramel version is a basic hot chocolate made extra
delicious with a splash of salted caramel syrup.
Dunkin Donuts is known for it;s coffee drinks but carries a variety of yummy beverages. Patrons can pick from iced coffees, iced teas, chai drinks, frozen (or blended) drinks and many more. Their hot chocolates fall under their hot beverage category with drinks such as a vanilla chai, hot macchiato, hot tea and salted caramel hot chocolate.
If you can’t find salted caramel syrup you can buy some from Amazon.com. Check out this wonderful Torani Syrup, Salted Caramel, 25.4 Ounce.
The great part about this salted caramel hot chocolate is that you can make it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
This post contains an affiliate link.
Dunkin Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tablespoons of salted caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- To make it on the stovetop: In a small saucepan combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and water together. Bring to a boil and make sure to press out any lumps. Allow to simmer for a minute or two, or until the mixture is smooth and warm. Add in the milk to the mixture and heat through. Add the salted caramel syrup to a glass, pour in the hot chocolate and top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and salt. A
- llow to cool slightly and enjoy! If you want to make it in the microwave you: Mix together the cocoa powder and sugar in a glass. Warm the milk and water in the microwave for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Pour the milk mixture over the cocoa powder. Add the salted caramel syrup to the glass top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and salt. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!