Pumpkin Spice Muffins taste like Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice seasonal muffin. Pumpkin Spice Muffins are moist and delicate in texture and stay fresh for days.
These pumpkin spice muffins are a favorite for the fall. So easy to make, these flavorful pumpkin spiced donuts are perfect for pumpkin spice lovers.
Ingredients in pumpkin spice muffins
This recipe is made with a box of spice cake mix, flour, eggs, pumpkin pie filling, and more. The canned pumpkin pie filling isn’t the same thing has pumpkin puree. Canned pumpkin pie filling is a pumpkin blend of pumpkin, seasonings, and more. So this is going to add a lot to the flavor of this recipe.
Special notes about this recipe
Pumpkin is very dense, I find it helpful to make sure I beat this with a mixer for a full 2 minutes. This way air is whipped into the cake mix, and it helps make what could be super dense into something much lighter.
You may want to omit the brown sugar on the top if you are trying to cut back on the sugar, it isn’t super necessary. I have sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top before. You may even want to top these with cream cheese frosting.
Love Dunkin Donuts? Check out these copycat Dunkin Donuts Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 15.25 spice cake mix 1 box
- 30 ounces Pumpkin Pie Mix puree of pumpkin with spice)
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cake mix, pumpkin, pudding and vanilla. Add sour cream, eggs, oil, spice, and mix well. Once combined scoop one large scoop(pampered chef large scoop)into lined cupcake cups.
- Sprinkle each one with brown sugar and place on stone, or cookie sheet. bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 min or until toothpick comes out clean.