Making a meatloaf with one of the packages of Lipton Onion Soup Mixes is a sure fire way to get a tasty meatloaf. This recipe for Fooled You! Surprise it’s Meatloaf is a fun stuffed meatloaf recipe.
Fooled You! Surprise it’s Meatloaf
Making a meatloaf can be a daunting task, you don’t want it to be boring and bland. I love to use Lipton Onion Soup Mixes as part of my ingredients for meatloaf. You will get a perfectly flavored meatloaf that everyone will want a second serving.
What is a stuffed meatloaf?
Now, I said this was a stuffed meatloaf recipe. You might wonder what that means. This Lipton meatloaf recipe is stuffed full of hashbrowns and cheese to add something extra to this main dish. Browned hashbrowns and cheese go so well in this meatloaf you will wonder why you have never tried this before.
Meatloaf Gravy – oh yes!!
In addition to using a package of the Lipton Mushroom Onion soup mix inside of the meatloaf, you will get a chance to make a cheesy gravy to go on top of this meatloaf. Never tried a meatloaf gravy? It doesn’t get much easier than this. You will make the soup, and add in some flour, and cheese. This gravy is outstanding. Best of all this cheesy gravy reheats really well. So you can take your meatloaf to a whole new level.
Want more Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf recipes? Try these meatloaf recipes
Fooled You! Surprise it's Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups frozen hashbrowns
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion-Mushroom Recipe Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Onion Mushroom Cheese Gravy
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion-Mushroom Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet, heat oil and cook potatoes and green peppers covered 7 minutes. Cool slightly; stir in cheese. In a medium bowl, combine onion-mushroom recipe soup mix with water; add remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly. In a shallow baking pan, shape 1/3 beef mixture into a rectangle (about 8' x 4'); top with potato mixture. Cover with remaining beef mixture, shaping into a loaf and sealing edges tightly; bake 1 hour or until done. Serve, if desired, with Onion-Mushroom Cheese Gravy.
Onion-Mushroom Cheese Gravy Onion-Mushroom Cheese Gravy
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 envelope Lipton Onion-Mushroom Recipe Soup Mix with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Stir in 1-3/4 cups water; blend until smooth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Simmer, stirring frequently, until gravy thickens, about 5 minutes. Makes about 2 cup gravy.