Hamburger Dip is the ultimate cheesy dip. It’s a delicious combination of ground beef, beans, Rotel tomatoes, Velveeta cheese, green chilies, and more! This creamy and hearty dip is perfect for a party or your next gathering.
Hamburger Cheese Dip
After spending enough time in the kitchen, a person eventually discovers a few things about cooking. One of them is that you can never have too many mixing spoons, and another is that uncomplicated meals are usually the best.
Well, Hamburger Cheese Dip once again proves the point about easy recipes being great. Don’t let the ‘dump and go’ nature of this Mexican dip with ground beef fool you!
This recipe has an incredibly intense flavor and is hearty enough to fill you up while having a ton of leftovers. This is the perfect party platter for the big game or to take along to your next get-together.
A Real Can-Do Recipe
Fresh vegetables are usually the best choice to use when cooking, but not this time. Skip the farmer’s market and use that time to find your best can-opener because you will need it! And you will definitely want to avoid the urge to ‘upgrade’ to gourmet versions of the recipe’s ingredients.
Stick to the yellow block of Velveeta. And whatever you do, don’t forget that can of Rotel tomatoes! The only area where you may want to consider ‘upgrading’ is in the meat department.
Regular, 80/20 ground beef is excellent, but feel free to use ground beef with a lower fat content or swap out the beef entirely for ground chicken, turkey, or even vegetarian ground-beef substitute if you want. With all of the other flavors going on, you can easily get away with it.
Go ahead and break out that bag of tortilla chips to start things off, but don’t stop there! This beef queso dip is begging for you to get creative when it comes to how you eat it.
- Pita and bagel chips? Sure! Just about any chips will do nicely.
- Vegetables? Yep! Hamburger cheese dip is great with everything from carrots to roasted potato wedges.
- Bread? Oh yes! Spread it on grilled bread or dunk toasted bread in it.
- Hot dog topping? Affirmative! A nice change from chili.
There are virtually endless ways for you to utilize this recipe!
Hamburger Dip Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Ground beef
- Velveeta cheese
- Rotel tomatoes
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Evaporated milk
- Green chilies
- Ranch style beans
- Canned tomatoes
How to Make Hamburger Dip
- Cook ground beef until browned and crumbled.
- Drain ground beef place it in a large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the dip with plenty of tortilla chips.
You can also pour it over tortilla chips to make incredible nachos.
Tips For Making, Serving and Storing Hamburger Dip
- Don’t waste this dip. Don’t serve all the dip at once because you should throw any remaining out away at the end of the party. Do yourself a favor and refill a small serving bowl as needed instead.
- Spice things up. If you and your guests like things on the spicy, serve with a few jars of different spice mixtures on the side. Try chili powder, red fajita spice mix, or Tajin!
- Store covered. Even a few hours in the fridge uncovered, this dip will start getting a bit crusty on top. Store the queso dip in an airtight container for up to three days.
How to Reheat Velveeta Hamburger Dip with Rotel
This recipe makes a lot of dip and there is a pretty good chance that you will have plenty of leftovers.
The easiest and surefire way to reheat beef queso dip is in a slow cooker. Pour the leftovers into the slow cooker, cover it, and set it to low. Heat until hot. Stir it about every five minutes.
You can also heat in the microwave, but you need to be sure to warm the dip slowly to avoid a mess. Place the leftovers in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with a towel. Heat on high for 45 seconds. Give it a good stir and keep heating and stirring until it’s hot.
Favorite Dip Recipes
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
- White Cheese Dip
- Clam Dip Recipe
- Beer Dip Recipe
- Green Goddess Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Jalapeno Ranch Dip
- Chili Con Queso Slow Cooker
- Sour Cream Fruit Dip
Great Game Day Food
- Cowboy Candy
- Dried Beef Cheese Ball
- How to Make Boneless Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies with Brown Sugar
See what we are up to by friending us on Facebook!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup can
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 ounce green chilies
- 14 ounces ranch style beans
- 14 ounces tomatoes canned
- Cook ground beef and drain.
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally while the dip is cooking.