Enjoy this easy version of the famous Green Goddess dip. This sour cream and avocado dip is low in carbs and can be prepared in just minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green Goddess is a flavorful dip made with ripe avocados, sour cream, mayonnaise, and fresh herbs. Green Goddess dip is perfect for fresh vegetables, can be served as a salad dressing, and is perfect with chips.
This famous dip has its origins in the 1920s. Created in San Fransico Hotel the Palace. It was created to honor a play, but it is hard to keep a delicious dip down.
This has been a popular dip ever since its creation. It continued to be so popular Good Seasons salad dressing company made a salad dressing called Green Goddess.
Green Goddess Dip – The Easy Way
The original recipe has a lot of fresh herbs in it. It was made with chervil, chives, anchovy, Worcestershire sauce along with sour cream and mayonnaise. Sometimes it can be hard to find fresh chervil and chives, this recipe is made much more simply for a delicious flavor.
This easy version has simple ingredients you are likely to have on hand already.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Sour cream
- Seasoned salt
- Fresh parsley
- Green onions
How to Make Green Goddess Dip
- Mash avocado in a bowl.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, and seasoned salt, Mix well.
- Fold in parsley and green onions.
You will notice that a beautiful green color will begin to bloom. The green comes from the fresh herbs and the avocado.
I like to mash the avocado with my Oxo potato masher. If you mash the avocado completely before mixing the rest of the ingredients, it’s easy to mix everything together.
How to Serve Green Goddess Dip
You can use this creamy avocado dip in many different ways:
- You can enjoy it as a salad dressing, it is perfect with a cobb salad.
- You can also use it to dip fresh vegetables like carrots, grape tomatoes, fresh broccoli, and cauliflower.
- It also makes a great dip for potato chips or corn chips.
Looking for more great dip recipes? Try these!
- Boudin Dip
- Beer Dip
- Clam Dip
- Rotel Dip with Ground Beef
- Warm French Onion Dip
- Jezebel Sauce
- Jarlsberg Cheese
- Vegetable Dip
- White Queso Dip
Favorite Veggie Party and Game Day Recipes
Green Goddess Dip
- 1 soft, avocado ripe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- Mash avocado. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, and seasoned salt and mix well. Fold in chopped parsley and chopped green onions.