Are you looking for the perfect easy dip? This Cream Cheese Clam Dip is so delicious, and takes just a few minutes to make!
This easy clam dip recipe is the perfect dip to enjoy while watching the big game or to bring to a party. Canned clams and sour cream add the perfect touch to this creamy dip! You can serve this dip with your favorite potato chips, crackers, or even homemade crostini!
I recently served this at a party, and this dip was the first dish that was emptied. In fact, a couple of my friends mentioned I should bring this dip to their next party!
What’s in this creamy clam dip?
Who doesn’t love a recipe when you can make it quickly and easily with ingredients that are easy to find? This recipe won’t disappoint.
I like to use chopped clams for this recipe. I think the chopped clams give the dip a better texture than the minced clams. This dip is made of:
- Accent (optional)
What can you serve with clam dip?
While it is so tasty you could eat it with a spoon, it is the perfect dip to dunk all sorts of chips, crackers, toasted bread, and sliced vegetables.
I recommend potato chips that are thicker as thin chips will break when you dunk this into this creamy clam dip!
How long does clam dip stay fresh?
Don’t be worried that this recipe won’t stay fresh should you not consume it in one sitting. Canned clams are generally cooked, so they are not raw.
This dip will stay fresh in your refrigerator for about 1 week. I think this dip tastes better if you allow it to rest for a few hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Make this dip your own!
What is one of the best things about cooking at home? Making changes to the recipe to make it your own! Try some of these ideas!
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish to the sauce.
- Add a teaspoon or two teaspoons of to the dip.
- Add a teaspoon of minced white
- Add a splash of like Tobasco to the dip.
- Add a splash of
- Two teaspoons of finely minced shallots are amazing.
Love clam dip? Dip into some more fun with these great dip recipes
- Beer Dip
- Chili’s Queso Dip
- Dipping Sauce for Coconut Shrimp
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Green Goddess Dip
- Mexican White Cheese Dip
- Sour Cream Fruit Dip
- Taco Dip
- TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Sauce
- Vegetable Dip
More Clam Recipes
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 24 ounces clams canned
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (if using reconstituted 2 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG (Accent)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Drain both cans of canned clams. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the juice. Discard the remaining clam juice.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, salt, lemon juice, reserved clam juice, and Accent. Mix with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the two cans of drained clam. Stir the clams in with a spatula.
- Place the dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and let it rest for a couple of hours in a covered dish in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, or fresh chopped chives if desired.