Are you looking for the perfect easy dip? This Cream Cheese Clam Dip is so delicious, and takes just a few minutes to make!
This easy clam dip is the perfect dip to enjoy while watching the big game or to bring to a party. Canned clams add the perfect touch to this creamy dip! You can serve this dip with your favorite chips, crackers, or even crostini!
I recently served this at a party, and this dip was the first dish that was emptied. In fact, a couple of my friends mentioned I should bring this dip to their next party!
What’s in clam dip?
Who doesn’t love a recipe when you can make it quickly and easily with ingredients that are easy to find? This recipe won’t disappoint. I like to use chopped clams for this recipe. I think the chopped clams give the dip a better texture than the minced clams. This dip is made of:
- chopped canned clams
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- lemon juice
- Accent (optional)
What should with clam dip?
While it is so tasty you could eat it with a spoon, it is the perfect dip to dunk all sorts of chips, crackers, and sliced vegetables. I recommend potato chips that are thicker as thin chips will break when you dunk this into this meaty dip!
How long does clam dip stay fresh?
Don’t be worried that this recipe won’t stay fresh should you not consume it in one sitting. Canned clams are generally cooked, so they are not raw. This dip will stay fresh in your refrigerator for about 1 week. I think this dip tastes better if you allow it to rest for a few hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Make this dip your own!
What is one of the best things about cooking at home? Making changes to the recipe to make it your own! Try some of these ideas!
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish to the sauce.
- Add a teaspoon or two teaspoons of chives to the dip.
- Add a splash of hot sauce like Tobasco to the dip.
- Two teaspoons of finely minced shallots are amazing.
Love clam dip? Dip into some more fun with these great dip recipes
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 24 ounces clams canned
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (if using reconstituted 2 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG (Accent)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Drain both cans of canned clams. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the juice. Discard the remaining clam juice.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, salt, lemon juice, clam juice, and Accent. Mix with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the two cans of drained clam. Stir the clams in with a spatula.
- Place the dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and let it rest for a couple of hours in a covered dish in the refrigerator.