This recipe was generously donated by Sharon Powell
Restaurant Style Black Bottom Pie
Black Bottom Pie is a super simple pudding pie you can make quickly at home.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 8" plain pastry pie crusts (store bought or make your own)
- 1 box chocolate pudding (either cooking or instant)
- 1 box vanilla pudding (either cooking or instant)
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract (more or less to taste)
- Whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Prepare chocolate and vanilla pudding according to directions in separate pans. Add rum extract to vanilla pudding and stir in.
- Pour half of chocolate pudding into each crust and spread evenly. Pour half of vanilla pudding on top of each chocolate layer and spread evenly, being careful not to mix the layers. Chill in fridge.
- Once chilled put whipped topping on (see directions above). If you prefer a meringue topping, use cooked pudding and follow meringue directions above (but eliminating sprinkling anything on top of meringue).
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.1mg