All during the month of October, we are celebrating Chocotoberfest. I am celebrating this with a lovely chocolate peanut butter pie.
You can recreate this luscious pie at home.
Sometimes in recreating a recipe, I don’t succeed in making the recipe just like a particular recipe, but instead, what comes out is a wonderful pie. I have been in love with this peanut butter pie at So Chocolate, it is a local chocolate shop in Kingwood, Tx. They make a lovely light creamy peanut butter pie, it is the only dessert I have bought here. I love their pie.
I want to you love their pie too, so after I few attempts I came up with this peanut butter pie, it is a dense, rich pie that is very easy to make. My pie is made with a homemade graham cracker crust. I use a tart pan, using a tart pan makes it easy to cut the pie later. I also use cream cheese, peanut butter (I like to use a natural peanut butter, I think the flavor is richer), dark brown sugar, heavy cream, butter and 4 ounces of good quality chocolate,
I always make my graham crackers by running them through my blender. You can purchase them already made at the grocery store, but you can also make them up in a jiffy in a matter of minutes. The filling of the pie can quickly be made, and when the pie sets you will make a chocolate ganache to pour over the pie. I love making a chocolate ganache, it sounds fancy, but you are simply heating heavy cream until it boils, turning off the heat, and adding the chocolate. This makes a beautiful topping that can be used on all sorts of desserts.
I hope you enjoy my peanut butter pie. It is a super easy dessert to make. You don’t need to be an experienced baker to put together this delicious pie.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate or tart pan.
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust. Place the pie in the refrigerator and chill it for about 1 hour or until the pie sets.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 1/2 cup heavy cream until it just begins to boil.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the pan. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts completely.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter pie.
- Refrigerate the pie until the chocolate sets.