Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cups was the first organic ice cream that I have ever made.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peanut butter ice cream is one of my favorite treats to make and share with my friends and family. You can also use this sweet and creamy homemade peanut butter ice cream for the perfect ice cream cake.
What Are the Best Ways to Store Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream?
Making sure to store your homemade peanut butter ice cream well is very important. If the ice cream is not stored appropriately it can easily be freezer burned and your ice cream will no longer taste good.
There are a few ways you can store your peanut butter ice cream recipe. Here are some of the more popular ways:
- Used Ice Cream Container – You can use an old ice cream container like the ones you get when you get sherbet or the large gallon ice cream containers. So when you are done eating the ice cream, clean it out and save it for when you make your own cuisinart ice cream recipe.
- Loaf Pan – This is a great option if your kitchen already has a loaf pan that you are not using. You can use a metal or glass loaf pan for storing your ice cream.
Plus since it is a rectangular shape, it will easily and compactly fit in your freezer. Just fill it with ice cream and wrap well with saran wrap to prevent the ice cream to develop crystallization or freezer burn.
- Special Ice Cream Container – With Amazon filled with so many wonderful products that you never knew you needed. Well, you can find special ice cream containers on Amazon too!
The best thing about them is that they are reusable and made for this specific purpose. No need to worry if they will hold up in the freezer. Pour and store your peanut butter ice cream with confidence.
- Any Freezer-safe Container – If you do not want to buy a special ice cream container you don’t have to! You might be able to use one of your storage containers already.
Make sure that the container you choose to use is freezer-safe. It would be a shame to lose your delicious peanut butter ice cream to shatter or a cracked container.
What is in Homemade Ice Cream?
Homemade ice cream is made with a few key ingredients. One of them is heavy cream. When heavy cream is paired with sugar it can make a fluffy whipped cream if it’s beated together long enough.
Then, when you add half and half to the recipe, you create a thicker more creamy recipe, which turns out to be ice cream. Then all you need is some vanilla extract to add delicious flavor to the ice cream.
For this recipe we also use peanut butter and peanut butter cups, like Reese’s, designate the exact flavor the ice cream will be. Since we use creamy peanut butter, it also adds to the creaminess of the ice cream.
Customize this Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
You can make this recipe taste however you want it to by adding in more mixins to the ice cream. Think of how you can go to Cold Stone Creamery and choose the different ingredients to add to your ice cream to make it just how you like it. Well, you can do that with this recipe too!
Here is a list of some toppings you can try with this homemade peanut butter ice cream recipe:
- Reese’s pieces
- Mini chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Chopped nuts
- Waffle cone pieces
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Chocolate chunks
These are a few of my favorites. The combinations for this recipe are endless!
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Heavy cream
- Half and half
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
How to Make Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, half and half, sugar, vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
- When the ice cream is halfway finished, add peanut butter into the machine a spoonful at a time.
- When the ice cream is almost finished, add coarsely chopped peanut butter cups.
I am using a Whynter ice cream freezer. You will have ice cream in a little less than an hour. I have made many quarts of ice cream with this machine, it makes ice cream that is much like any premium ice cream you would enjoy. It’s definitely not required to use that exact model, but it works very well.
Love homemade ice cream? Try these recipes!
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Cherry Garcia
- French Vanilla Ice Cream
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
Great Ice Cream Topping Recipes
Favorite Peanut Butter Recipes
- Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Pie
- How to Make Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Check out more of my easy ice cream recipes and the best dessert recipes here on CopyKat!
Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup peanut butter creamy or smooth
- 4 peanut butter cups coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl combine heavy cream, half and half, sugar, vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker. Follow the directions in the ice cream maker instruction manual.
- When the ice cream is half done, add peanut butter into the machine, a spoonful at a time.
- When the ice cream is almost complete, add coarsely chopped peanut butter cups.
Thank you for this excellent recipe. I used just 1/4 t. vanilla and added 1/8 t. fine salt and omitted the peanut butter cups. My Hamilton Beach ice cream maker took just 22 minutes which is about what all ice cream recipes take in it. I made an ice cream cake out of it using half a box of devil’s food cake mix. https://i.imgur.com/7ZDGYJq.jpg
That looks outstanding!
This is a great ice cream recipe! I made it in my Kitchenaid ice cream freezer and worked like a charm. Thanks!