You can make your own ice cream party any time of year. This French Vanilla ice cream is a delicious, creamy, and rich ice cream to try. This recipe is tried and true and you will love the results from this ice cream. Even if you have never made it before, you should give this recipe a try it is super simple to make.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer just screams for homemade ice cream. Growing up every summer my Grandparents would put on an ice cream social. The ice cream social was made of lots of homemade ice cream, cakes, cookies, all sorts of toppings, and every available relative. It was so much fun. Some of the machines weren’t electric and we had to turn those ourselves. I have always missed those days as an adult, it was the big party to go to.
French Vanilla Ice Cream is an old-fashioned frozen treat to enjoy any time of the year. It’s great alone, with toppings, or served with cake.
This recipe is from Ben and Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert cookbook. You can find many more of their recipes in this book.
Other Ice Cream Recipes to try
Ben and Jerry’s French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream, milk, and vanilla and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions. Yield: 1 quart