You can make Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup at home, it’s easier than you think. There is no need to go out and purchase chocolate syrup when you can make it in minutes.
Hershey Chocolate Syrup
Life is definitely sweeter with the time-honored taste of Hershey’s Syrup. Indulge yourself in this chocolate-flavored treat by making Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup at home – and it’s a lot easier than you think.
Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup is a favorite but not something you may keep on hand. With this simple recipe, you’ll have a Hershey’s Syrup that’s even better than the original and takes no time at all to make.
Whether you’re having chocolate milk or ice cream sundaes, this copycat Hershey’s recipe for homemade Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup is just what you need!
Is There a Difference Between Chocolate Syrup and Chocolate Sauce?
Yes, chocolate syrup is a bit thinner and basically consists of cocoa powder, sugar, and water. Chocolate sauce is made to be thicker by using sugar and cream.
Chocolate Syrup Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make the chocolate syrup:
- Cocoa powder
How to Make Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add water, and mix until smooth. Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Allow it to boil for one minute, be careful this does not over boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the vanilla and stir until combined.
How to Use Homemade Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
It’s summer, and it’s hot! Your family needs ice cream! But not just plain old ice cream – you need all the fixings, including chocolate syrup. But, there are so many other ways to use chocolate syrup:
- On desserts, waffles, and pancakes.
- For making the best chocolate milk, chocolate floats, and chocolate sundaes.
- For rich hot cocoa and coffee mocha drinks.
- For dunking fresh strawberries. It’s also good on sliced apples, bananas, grapes, and even kiwis.
- For giving poached pears a final flourish by drizzling chocolate syrup over them just before serving.
- For dipping pretzels – salty meets sweet and crunchy.
- For serving hot over buttered biscuits for real decadence!
And check out these ideas for using chocolate syrup.
Love chocolate? Make these recipes
- Chocolate Lava Meltdown
- Chocolate Puff Pastry Turnovers
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat Bars
- Quick and Easy Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Pizza
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Homemade Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe
- Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe from Scratch
Make Homemade Ice Cream to Top with Chocolate Syrup
Homemade Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa Hershey’s
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Add water, and mix until smooth. Bring this mixture to a boil. Allow it to boil for one minute, be careful this does not over boil. Remove from heat, when this cools add the vanilla.