Do you love chocolate pie? I can show you how to make an easy chocolate pie! This pie is a no-bake pie that you can put together very quickly. Honestly, nothing beats a good old-fashioned chocolate pie.
This recipe is part of my learn to cook series. The series is where I am actually cooking through my old home economics cookbook from junior high school. I went to junior high school in the early 1980s at Heaton Middle School in Pueblo, Colorado. For some reason, I always retained this cookbook, and I wanted to work my way through this book.
If you have never made a chocolate pie, this recipe is very easy and it is perfect for those who are just beginning to cook. This recipe will use a pie crust that is already made.
You can use a frozen one or even those refrigerated pie crusts. I am a fan of the refrigerated pie crusts. I have difficulty in rolling out pie crust for some reason. I can make the filling, but rolling them out nice and evenly is difficult for me.
This is a simple recipe for chocolate pie. Some chocolate pies are made with chocolate that you melt, but this is one of the few recipes that you can make a chocolate pie with powdered cocoa.
I like this because I don’t always have melting chocolate in the house, but I always have powdered cocoa on hand. You can see with a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious and creamy chocolate pie you will fall in love with.
You have many options when it comes to topping your pie. You can whip up some whipped cream and put this on top. You could also spoon some Cool Whip on top. Or you could even get fancy and make a meringue.
You could also put on some chocolate shavings on top of the whipped topping if you desire. Your imagination is the only thing that will limit you.
Do you love pie? Check out these recipes
- Toll House Pie
- Ritz Cracker Mock Apple Pie
- Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Pumpkin Pie for Diabetic
- Best Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
- Baskin Robbins Pie
- Old Fashioned Apple Pie Recipe with Brown Sugar
- Layered Pumpkin Pie
- How to Make Kool Aid Pie
Easy Chocolate Treats
Easy Chocolate Pie
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the milk in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Mix the sugar, flour, salt, and cocoa. Ad to the milk and cook until thick, stirring continually. Beat the egg yolks with a folk, temper the pudding by adding a small amount of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks and stirring. Combine the egg yolk mixture with the pudding base by stirring continually. Cook for at least two minutes. Stir in vanilla and place into a pie shell. When the chocolate base cools you can top with Cool Whip, or Whipped Heavy Cream.