Double Layer Pumpkin Pie combines the best of both worlds; a pumpkin pie and a cheesecake. What could be better?
This recipe combines the best of both worlds, a pumpkin pie and a cheesecake. What could be better? Many thanks to Stephanie Gardner for this recipe. This cream cheese pumpkin pie is a delicious variation on a traditional pumpkin pie for a Thanksgiving meal. And, it’s so easy to make because there is no baking. This simple no-bake pumpkin cheesecake pie comes together in no time.
This easy-to-make dessert is a no-bake pumpkin pie with a second layer surprise hidden underneath the pumpkin. The no-bake pumpkin top layer is basically a pumpkin pudding. The secret to this pie is the Cool Whip cream cheesy layer under the pumpkin. If you don’t like using Cool Whip, you can certainly whip up your own cream. That will work out just fine in this recipe.
The pumpkin pie mix does not need to be cooked; canned pumpkin is already cooked. If you really wanted to, you could eat the pumpkin straight out of the can. Smooth out the pie top, and you’re done! Then pop your pie in the fridge to chill for about three hours. It’s a terrific make-ahead dessert.
- Click here to read why using canned pumpkin in pies is much better than making your own puree from fresh pumpkins.
If you’re intimidated by the whole process of baking homemade pies, this no-bake pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for you. And, no need to run to the store to buy a ready-made pumpkin pie that no one is going to rave about. This creamy whipped pumpkin pie recipe is truly as easy as pie to make.
This no-bake pumpkin cheesecake pie is a delicious dessert for any holiday. It’s loaded with pumpkin and spice, and a layer of creamy cheesecake. It’s always a crowd-pleaser! You can rely on this recipe any time you want a quick seasonal dessert.
How Long Will A Pumpkin Pie Keep?
Pumpkin pie can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days. Cover it well with plastic wrap or foil.
When you taste this delicious cream cheese pumpkin pie, you’ll see that it’s a pumpkin pudding with a cheesecake surprise layer tucked away in there – some crispy graham crackers as well!
Here’s what you need:
- Cream cheese
- Cool Whip
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- Pumpkin puree
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
How to Make Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
Mix cream cheese, milk, and sugar in a large bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
Gently stir in whipped topping.
Spread the mixture on the bottom of the crust.
Pour 1 cup milk into the bowl and add pudding mix.
Beat with wire whisk until well blended.
Stir in pumpkin and spices until well combined.
Spread pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Garnish with additional whipped topping and nuts if desired.
Love homemade pie? Try these recipes
- Easy Coconut Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Pies – Chocolate Pecan
- Blueberry Cheese Cake Pie
- Egg nog pie
- Sour Cream Blueberry Pie Recipe
- Diabetic Apple Pie Recipe
- How to Make Kool Aid Pie
- Millionaire Pie
- No-Bake Cherry Cheese Pie
- Baker’s Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
Top Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
Thanks to Stephanie Gardner for this recipe.
Sensational Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Cool Whip
- 1 Keebler Ready-Crust Graham Cracker Pie Crust (6 ounces)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 packages Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie (4-serving size)
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and milk until smooth using a wire whisk.
- Gently stir in the Cool Whip. Spread the mixture on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the half-and-half into the bowl. Add the pudding mix and beat with a wire whisk until well blended and thick (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in the pumpkin and spices with a wire whisk and mix well. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with more whipped topping and nuts if desired.