Quick and Easy Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the perfect appetizer to make any time. You can put these together in a jiffy, crispy bacon, smokey sausage, and a sweet brown sugar topping makes for the perfect combination of flavor.
Brown sugar bacon-wrapped Little Smokies are the perfect appetizer to make any time, but especially when you need snacks for a bunch of people. These bacon-wrapped weenies are the ultimate game day treat or a party hors d’oeuvre. The combination of smoky sausage and crispy bacon with a caramel brown sugar topping is hard to resist.
Where to Find Little Smokies
Little Smokies are small smoked sausages about 1.5 inches long. They come in a package of forty and can be found at Walmart, Target, and other grocery stores, or you can order them online.
Could you use hot dogs to make bacon-wrapped weenies? I suppose you could if you sliced the dogs into small pieces.
Can you make them ahead of time?
Yes, bacon-wrapped Little Smokies can be made in advance (up to 3 days) and then heated when you are ready to serve. You can refrigerate them after you wrap them – place them in a baking dish and cover. You can also freeze them unbaked and bake them in the oven when ready to use.
Cooking Tips for Cocktail Little Smokies
- Foil – Make sure you line your baking dish with two layers of regular foil (or one layer of heavy-duty foil). When sugar caramelizes, it can be a giant pain to clean off a dish.
- Sausage Variety – Hillshire Farms Lit’ l Smokies is a very popular brand. There are several varieties to choose from apart from the original kind. Other brands include Kroger, Ekrich, and Cloverdale.
- Bacon Variety – For this recipe, I like to use thin bacon because I know that the bacon will cook all of the way through.
Variations on Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies
- BBQ – Slather your bacon-wrapped smokies with your favorite BBQ sauce before coating them in the sugar.
- Spicy – Add some cayenne and black pepper to the sugar. You could also use sriracha or a tangy BBQ sauce.
- Pickled – Try wrapping a pickled jalapeno slice with the sausage – amazing!
Bacon-Wrapped Smokies are the perfect appetizer
You and your guests are certain to enjoy these sweet and smoky treats. They are so easy to make and so easy to eat!
Here’s what you need:
- Little Smokies
- Bacon, thin sliced recommended
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies with Brown Sugar
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around one little smokie.
- Roll the bacon wrapped smokie in brown sugar and place on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Repeat until the whole package of bacon wrapped little smokies are wrapped and rolled in brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the bacon is done and browned.
I like to make these for a cocktail party, for even for a Super Bowl party.
try These Great Appetizer Recipes
- Clam Dip
- Best Rotel Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Jalapeno Poppers
- Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- Garlic Wings
- Beer and Bacon Cupcakes
- Cold Beer Cheese Dip
- Bloomin Onion Petals Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Hidden Valley Ranch Veggie Pizza
More of the Best Game Day Food
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- 12 ounces bacon, cut in half
- 16 ounces little smokies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap one piece of bacon around one little smokie. Roll the bacon wrapped smokie in brown sugar. Place on a wire rack on a baking sheet. Repeat until the whole package of bacon wrapped little smokies are wrapped and rolled in brown sugar. If you tuck the bacon end under the smokie, there is no need to pin with a toothpick. You can fasten with a toothpick if desired. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the bacon is done and browned.