Frank’s buffalo chicken dip is always a hit at every party. This spicy dip tastes just like hot wings without the mess and without the work.
Look no further than this spicy, creamy dip for your next party. It’s also perfect for game day or tailgate get-togethers.
You can take it anywhere you go easily. Whenever I take it to a party, the bowl always comes home empty.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This easy Frank’s red hot buffalo chicken dip recipe gives you a sinfully mouthwatering and creamy appetizer infused with hot-wing flavors. It’s the perfect comfort food for those special occasions when you want tasty appetizers and finger foods.
Buffalo chicken dip fills the bill and is always a major crowd-pleaser. Full of chicken, cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing, this is the ultimate easy buffalo chicken dip to enjoy anytime!
Why This is the Best Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
What isn’t to love about this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe? It has all the flavors of hot wings, but sometimes wings are just a little too messy to make. With this easy dip, you can enjoy buffalo wings without all the work and mess.
This Frank’s buffalo chicken dip recipe is fabulous and so simple to make. It has the perfect amount of spice and coolness and you’ll find it hard to stop eating it – it’s just that good!
My big secret to this recipe is using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I don’t often call out specific brands, but regarding a sauce for wings, Frank’s is the absolute best. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is very well balanced, not too spicy with just the right amount of heat.
Frank’s Hot Sauce Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Ingredients
With only five ingredients, this buffalo chicken dip is spicy, delicious, and addicting. Here are the ingredients you need to gather:
- Chicken – I like to make this with chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- Cream Cheese
- Frank’s RedHot Sauce – do not use the Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce – it won’t taste the same
- Ranch Salad Dressing
- Cheddar Cheese
CopyKat Tip: Use freshly grated cheese. Packaged shredded cheese contains chemicals to aid in separation and doesn’t melt as well.
Buffalo Chicken Dip – Ingredient Substitutions
- If you like the flavor of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce but want less heat, halve the hot sauce and increase the ranch dressing to one full cup.
- If you really love extra spicy food, use Frank’s extra-hot buffalo sauce.
- For a non-dairy buffalo chicken dip, use non-dairy cheese substitutes.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Frank’s hot sauce buffalo chicken dip is really easy to make. Here are the simple steps:
- If the chicken is not cooked, you will need to cook it and then shred it. You can boil or bake it.
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the cream cheese until it is softened enough to stir, about 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Making Buffalo chicken dip in a Crock Pot is simple to do and there’s only 1 step (unless you need to cook and shred the chicken). Here’s how:
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker. Mix well and cook on low for 2 hours.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Dip
Did you know that you can make Frank’s buffalo chicken dip in your air fryer? Here’s how you do it:
- Follow the recipe instructions for making the dip mixture.
- Place the dip mixture in an oven-safe dish that fits in your air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry at 350°F for 16 minutes.
If you like this buffalo chicken dip, there are variations that you may want to try:
- You can choose to use a rotisserie chicken. It adds another dimension of flavor and really breaks up well to give the dip a great texture.
- If you love the flavor of blue cheese, swap out the ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing. You could also toss in about 1/3 of a cup of blue cheese crumbles.
- You can also swap out the Cheddar cheese for Monterey Jack, Colby-Jack or a Tex-Mex blend.
- Top your dip withs a sprinkle of sliced green onions.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip
You can serve this tasty dip cold, but it’s best served warm. A great way to keep this warm is to use a Crockpot on the counter or to take it with you on the go.
If you bake it in a dish, use a thermal carrier to keep your container warm.
What Goes With This Spicy Buffalo Dip?
Serve up Frank’s hot sauce dip with celery sticks for a low-carb and keto-friendly appetizer. You can also pair it with other raw veggies such as sliced cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower, peppers.
Apart from veggies, this dip can be dunked into or spread on crackers, crusty bread cubes, pita bread, or tortilla chips.
You can also use the dip as a topping for nachos or as a filling for wontons.
Make tacos or burritos with it as the filling along with lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
CopyKat Tip: Peel celery backs with a vegetable peeler for easier eating.
Make Ahead Buffalo Chicken Dip
You can make this buffalo chicken dip 1 to 3 days ahead of time. Store the dip in the fridge, and reheat it in the microwave (stirring every 30 seconds) or slowly on the stovetop.
Can You Freeze Frank’s Hot Sauce Buffalo Chicken Dip?
You can freeze leftover Frank’s buffalo chicken dip in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw. Then reheat in the microwave or oven.
Love Buffalo Flavor? Try these recipes!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Burger
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Buffalo Meatballs
- Grilled Buffalo Wings
Favorite Appetizer Dip Recipes
Check out more of my easy dip recipes and the best appetizer recipes here on CopyKat!
Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounces shredded chicken or canned chicken
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Microwave the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds or until it is soft enough to stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and stir until combined, breaking up the chicken as you stir.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish and bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.
My kids loved this!
made this tonight, hubby already asking for it again, fabulous and so simple, thank you for the recipe!!!! I am still full!!
We had this dip yesterday, the whole family loved it.
A friend of mine buys chicken kotlets from a Persian store in LA area and she says they are amazing. Will share your recipe with her. Although your recipe is with turkey, I’m sure she’ll be thrilled to be able to make it herself. Thanks for the recipe 🙂
I think the size of chicken breasts has changed dramatically since Julia Child’s day, which could account for some of her shorter cook time.
The British typically consume much smaller portions than Americans. You’ll find it’s the same in restaurants as well, whether in the UK or the US. We in the US just naturally supersize everything.
These sound delicious! I can’t wait to try it at home.
I made this for a snack and it was awesome. I pan fried some boneless skinless chicken breast, seasoned with weber’s kickin chicken seasoning.
I like the flavor of frank’s red hot sauce, but not the heat. So, I increased the ranch dressing to one full cup. Perfect!
I ended up using 2 cups of cheese, 1 cup mixed with the chicken and one cup on top. Worked out well.
Thank you for your detailed description of how you made the recipe. I bet your boneless skinless chicken breasts were fantastic. I think I am going some of your suggestions the next time I make this.
This looks like a great recipe, I’ll have to try it with the blue cheese, I love buffalo wings with the blue cheese dip. Thanks!!
I do not like bluecheese so I do use the ranch. I also like to put it on luttuce and add tomatos, more cheese and anything else you like on tacos and make tacos or burritos. The other thing is to make sure you get Franks buffalo chicken hot sauce….makes all the difference.