Do you want to transform everything you love about lasagna into a sharable snack? Then this Olive Garden Lasagna Dip recipe is what you need.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Cheesy Lasagna Dip
Once you try this dip packed with meat, cheese, and smothered in a rich tomato sauce, you will never want to go back to run-of-the-mill salsa ever again.
Try prepping the dip and chips beforehand, and you can bring this lasagna appetizer piping hot to the table in minutes. Olive Garden Lasagna Dip makes the perfect casual family meal starter. Or you can serve it as the MVP at your next game day tailgate buffet.
Lasagna Dip Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Lasagna Noodles
- Marinara sauce
- Ground Italian sausage
- Ground beef
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Ricotta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Lasagna Dip
- In a large saucepan, cook the Italian sausage and ground beef over medium heat until the meat has browned. Drain the grease from the meat and place the meat back into the pan.
- Add Marinara sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the sauce in the bottom of a 1-quart deep casserole dish or large cast iron skillet.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta.
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. If desired, broil to lightly brown the cheese on top.
- Serve the lasagna dip with pasta chips.
How to Make Pasta Chips
If you are pressed for time, then just about any type of hearty chip or thinly sliced crusty bread will work with this dip. But what really takes this snack to the next level is when you make your own homemade pasta chips. And don’t worry, it is not as hard as you think.
Most home cooks are intimidated when it comes to deep-fat frying. As long as you follow a few simple guidelines, it is simple, and there is nothing to stress about.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Save the no-boil lasagna noodles for a different dish, they won’t work in this recipe.
- Use a paper towel to pat dry the noodles thoroughly. Any water left on the noodles will cause the hot oil to sizzle and splash.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-bottom pan like a Dutch oven. While the oil is coming to temperature, cut cooked noodles into chip-sized portions.
- Use a thermometer to check the oil is at 360 degrees.
- Gently place two sheets worth of cut pasta into the hot oil. Fry in batches for a minute on each side until golden brown and bubbly. Remove and place on a wire rack. Pat dry and season with garlic salt.
Are you looking for more detailed instructions? Check out our videos on YouTube.
Cooking and Serving Tips For the Olive Garden Lasagna Dip Recipe
- Serve in individual cast iron pans. You can increase the cute factor by giving each of your guests there own dip. No worries about double dipping and no fighting over the bit stuck in the corners.
- Add a bit of variety to your pasta chips. Get creative with your seasonings. Think about strong, bold flavors like powdered chili or parmesan cheese.
- Pack the leftovers for lunch the next day. Turn any leftover dip and chips into a mock lasagna by alternating layers in a small Tupperware container. By the time lunch rolls around, the noodles will soften enough to eat with a fork. Heat for a minute or two until hot enough.
Love Olive Garden? Try these copycat recipes!
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Olive Garden Bread
- Olive Garden Chicken Parm
- Olive Garden Pizza
- Olive Garden Salad
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
More Lasagna Recipes
Do you want to keep up with all of our new recipes? Then follow CopyKat on Instagram.
Olive Garden Lasagna Dip
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 24 ounces Marinara sauce
- 8 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook the flat lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain pasta, be careful not to tear the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking preheat the vegetable to around 360 degrees.
- Gentry pat the noodles dry with a paper towel.
- Place a few of the lasagna noodles into the hot oil cook until golden brown and crispy. Place the noodles in a wire rack to cool. Immediately sprinkle with garlic salt. Work in small batches until all of the noodles are cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan cook the ground Italian sausage and the ground beef over medium heat until the meat has browned. Be sure to break up the meat into small pieces while cooking. Drain meat, and place back into the saucepan.
- Add Marinara sauce to the meats, season with Italian seasoning. Heat through, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Use a 1-quart deep casserole dish or a large 12-inch iron skillet to build the dip. Place half of the sauce in the bottom of the pan. Spread all of the ricotta cheese in the bottom in the dish. Add half of the Mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta. Add the remaining sauce on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese, and parmesan cheese. Cook for about 25 minutes to warm the dip, and if desired set the oven to broil to brown the cheese.
- Serve the dip with the pasta chips.