This Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Chicken is the perfect recipe to make at home any time. And who doesn’t love a great chicken parmesan recipe! The chicken bathed in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and fried until golden brown. Serve it with pasta and veggies for a delightful, delicious meal.
Why this Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe Works
We all want a great go-to recipe that impresses our friends and family. What better dish to serve than a chicken parmesan recipe! Chicken Parmesan is a staple dish and tastes even better at home.
This chicken parmesan recipe not only has breadcrumbs but parmesan cheese as the crust. The ingredients for this recipe can also be used to make chicken tenders!
How to Make this Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Chicken
If you are making this Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Chicken, you need a factory line system. Set up your bowls and get to work.
- In the first bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, flour, and parmesan cheese
- In the second bowl, add your milk
- Dip the rinsed-off chicken in the breadcrumb mixture first, then dip into the milk then back into the breadcrumbs
- Then add to the heated frying pan on medium-low and cook until golden brown
Cook your pasta and sauce and serve with broccoli, mushrooms and a sprinkle of red pepper.
- Remember chicken needs to be at an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to be safe to eat
- This exact recipe can also be used to make chicken tenders
- Vegetable oil works the best for frying this chicken recipe
Looking for more Olive Garden Recipes?
You can find more Olive Garden Recipes at CopyKat.com, the web’s most popular destination for copycat restaurant recipes.
Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Kraft Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 6 thick pieces of chicken breast strips or chicken tenders
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup white table wine (Chablis)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons basil leaves
- 3/4 cup mild, finely grated Asiago cheese
- 4 broccoli florets
- 2 white mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Wash and dry chicken strips. Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together. Place milk in a dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture, then in milk, and then back in breadcrumbs. Place in frying pan with heated oil and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden.
- Quickly add garlic, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; stir well. Add wine and blend. Immediately add half and half and sour cream; stir. When the mixture is smooth, add grated cheese; stir until melted.
- Finally, sprinkle fresh basil in the sauce and stir lightly. Remove from heat.
- Remove and drain chicken. In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter; add olive oil. Whisk in flour until mixture is blended.
- GARNISH: 4 broccoli florets (lightly steamed) 2 white mushrooms, quartered and lightly steamed 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper ASSEMBLY: Place 2 cups pasta in an individual pasta dish. Spoon about 1/2 - 3/4 cup sauce over pasta; add broccoli and mushrooms. Place Parmesan chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper. Add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.